The ideal candidate will be a mechanical design engineer with a passion for innovative design and advanced engineering concepts.
This will be a fast pace flexible environment, which will suit a technical design engineer who is also capable of thinking commercially.
You will be proficient in the use of a 3D parametric CAD package, SolidWorks preferred, covering modelling parts, assemblies and drafting engineering drawings. You will have experience of checking & approving mechanical engineering drawings, with knowledge of formulating plant schematics & FMEAs.
Working as part of the Research & Product Development team, you will apply your design skills to the development of commercial products for use in applications ranging from stationary power, automotive and UAVs.
- To apply mechanical design engineering skills to lead the design and development of products for use
- in applications ranging from small portable power devices to motive and industrial power systems.
- Delivery of documentation detailing the mechanical design of PEM fuel cell stacks, systems and
- Produce designs of appropriate manufacturability for a given set of customer requirements
- Utilise CAD tools and engineering processes in accordance with standard Intelligent Energy
- working practices
- Provide technical support to internal and external product users
- Engage in process improvement
- Identify new supplier or new realisation methodologies appropriate for development and
- manufacture of Intelligent Energy products
- Control design documentation through application of change and BoM management processes
- Apply learning into new and existing design from development or corrective action
- investigations derived from failure and reliability reviews in use and/or manufacturing
- Acting as a mentor for less experienced engineering colleagues
- Supporting the training of new engineers
- Delivery of work packages on time and to the required quality, including work allocated to
Skills & Experience
- BEng, BSc (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, or similar relevant qualification
- Application of the V model and/or other design methodologies
- Application of DfX principles
- Delivery of work packages on time and to requirements
- Working as part of a cross-departmental team, with both technical and non-technical people
- Presentation of design solutions to internal & external customers
- Implementation of design for manufacture
- Proficient use of a 3D parametric CAD package, covering
- modelling parts, assemblies and drafting engineering drawings
- Use of product data management tools
- Check & approval of mechanical engineering drawings
- Solutions Fucosed with an innovative approach to problem solving